Saturday, February 11, 2006

knitting thru the pain

Oh, yeah, I mean it. This flu is going to be the death of me. We had the Casting On party last night. I hope everyone had fun, I just sorta sat there and tried not to moan too much. Everyone cast on at the same time, it was kinda cool. And then Kristin and Marleda put their iPods on speakers, and I had to snicker myself silly (which hurt, lemme tell you). They both had numerous anime soundtracks, which only us 3 recogninsed. So, I cast on to Witch Hunter Robin's, Inuyasha's, and Cowboy Beebop's songs.

And, well, wow, Emily brought enough food to feed Afghanistan.

No, I am not joking.

I got 2 whole rows done, which I think was a major achievement, considering I cast on 196 sts. Everyone has agreed to do my part on Sunday, yay! I get to stay home and be miserably by myself. (No, I am not feeling personable right now) Thank g-d for friends. I'd probably scare all the new knitters anyway.

I am now working on row 3.

I want some NyQuil, which can't be good. The DayQuil just ain't cutting it.

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: