Thursday, February 09, 2006

it's all Greek to me


teeheehee.

Here's a button I made...

after I saw the MIT Stitch'n'Bitch's Olympic button featured right ---->


Mine is as close to correct Greek as I could manage, and yes I did talk with David, another Classics student, and one of my Professors before making it. The real problem is that knitting wasn't invented until Coptic Egypt at the earliest, so the ancient Greeks didn't have a word for it. Thus, I used apagkuloo - "to make a loop with rope", as it was as close as I could find ;)

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: