Monday, February 26, 2007

dancing about

“Happiness, that grand mistress of the ceremonies in the dance of life, impels us through all its mazes and meanderings, but leads none of us by the same route.”
Charles Caleb Colton
I was awoken bright and early this morning by the cleaners arriving to scour the house (A and K engaged a company while A was pregnant). I dressed in a hurry and helped keep baby T occupied for the duration:

(are you totally plotzing?)

Then, once she was down for her nap, we returned to the cleaner living room whereupon I noticed that A was wearing the socks I finished for her last night. I demanded a photograph:

Project specs:
Yarn: Knit Picks Dancing in Jig
Pattern: ... what pattern?
Gauge: 8 sts per inch
Date started: January 7, 2007
Date finished: February 25, 2007
After a whole bunch of errands (done after baby T woke up) (and, OMG, the staff at that Thai restaurant were so funny, we're amazed the chef didn't come out to play with baby T), A and I sat down for a knitting lesson at Starbucks, during little D's piano lesson. We didn't get very far because this one:

(don't be fooled by her innocent expression)

proceeded to fall apart whenever A picked up her needles. Coincidence? We thought not. Whatever the reason, we didn't get past the cast on stage. I think I'm going to try again in a bit. I had to lay down once we got back because I was on the cusp of a migraine (was seeing auras).

So, that's it. More tomorrow. I have a sock pattern to try out.

Labels: , , , ,


Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: