Sunday, July 02, 2006

the vanity

I admit it. I am a bit vain. It might have something with my family. Or the fact that I grew up in DC, where your appearance meant everything. Anyway, that's why I've cut out part of the pic of the chiton tank top - I was making some extremely weird faces, mostly because D made me laugh as she took the pix. But, the idea is carried, I think:


And, of course, I unintentionally ruined the silhouette of the drape by tucking my hands. Ohwell. Everyone liked the tied straps, which was gratifying because mum didn't. I also had no idea until D took the pix how busty the tank top makes me look. Oops? I mean, I admit it, I'm a busty gal, but whoa.

We met at McMineman's on High, some of us wee young knitters, tonight. Twas fun. I think we confused the staff a lot. Got my Tempting II cast on while we did whatever we do ;)

4 sts/ inch is looking so huge to me now after months of lace and sox. Too weird. It'll go fast, anyway.

The sox are going... okay. (You are so right, Sachi.) I have to make more modifications, again. Someone save me from myself. I have two inches, so at this rate they and the other goodies WILL be done on time. I COMMAND it. They VILL behave.

I need to spin up the yarn for the goodies. Madame DeFarge's is tomorrow night. Think I might go. Should be cool. Hopefully.

No news on the job front, yet. Been sending out the resume and been calling. I'll just have to wait and see, I guess :)

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: