Friday, April 27, 2007

FO: Monkey

I have to say that the pattern was fun, but I hate stockinette heels. Next time, I'll just change it. The yarn was lovely, and even though I knit it from the inside and outside of the skein - the stripes matched up perfectly. Until the heels. Then they reversed for a short period. But the socks went back to matching after the insteps, so I'm happy, and the weird arches are growing on me. TheBon was kind enough to take a couple of shots for me (she even reminded me, too):



Pattern Specs:
  • The Pattern: Monkey (from Knitty)
  • Knitting Start Date: April 15, 2007
  • Finish Date: April 26, 2007
  • The Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock, "African Grey"
  • The Needles: 2 Addi Turbo 24" US 1 circular needles
  • The Size: 8"/ Women's M
  • Knitting Technique: Continental, 2 socks on 2 circs
So, yay, they're done, but I kinda miss working on them. I need to cast on another pair of socks (just to have to tote around, if not for any other reason), but I'm having trouble choosing a pattern. (suggestions are always welcome)

Umm, quick timeline, before I pass out from exhaustion:
  1. I finally fell asleep after 4 am (it was one of those horrible things where I couldn't sleep because I needed to sleep)
  2. I got up at 7:45 am exactly (eugh)
  3. I arrived at TheBon's appt at 8:30-ish.
  4. We went to meet with the seamstress that's altering TheBon's gown. She was very personable and seemed quite competent and sensible. She agreed with TheBon's request to remove her train. The gown's gonna be gorgeous.
  5. We went and got breakfast and then skiddadled over to VRC (local mall) to look for men's ties for the Best Man. After dawdling in the knitting section at Barnes and Noble (my fault) and a massive hunt (3 stores!!), we admitted defeat. Men don't wear ties very often in Eugene.
  6. We got lunch, TheBon photographed my socks and we ended up parting ways
  7. At 2:30 pm, I arrived home and collapsed. I was woken later for The Move stuff.
  8. We watched The Prestige again. It made much more sense this time, and I had to admit that the film editing might be the best I've seen. It was very tight.
  9. And here I sit, typing, ready for bed. So, nightnight.
(also, yep, we watched the deleted scenes, and outakes, of The Boondock Saints - very funny!)

Labels: , , ,


Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: