Sunday, July 30, 2006

pain, the new caffeine

As I wandered around this afternoon, trying to wake up (I stayed up reallyreally late last night to finish knitting the sox), I discovered something. Pain is an amazing caffeine alternative. I didn't discover this intentionally. But, since my eyes were still closed the way a newborn kitten's are, I found it out by walking into my steel loft bed head-first. Ow.

So, I am now moderately awake and sporting a little bump on my noggin. Fun.

And so I am posting to my blog in the hopes that it'll both keep me awake and prevent me from crying from exhaustion.

I stayed up reallyreally late last night for two reasons. One, to finish knitting my sox. And, two, to keep Mum company. She is having a bad reaction to a colonoscopy she had two weeks ago. Long story short, all the bacteria in her gut is gone. Ahwell. Funfunfun.

Back to the sox. It bears mentioning that I was a bit frantic towards the end. And, rightfully so. Since this is the amount of yarn I had left:

No, I am not joking. And, let's all recall (manically), that I was knitting with handspun. I like to live dangerously.

But, at around 3 am, the knitting part of the socks was done. Blessed be the Knitting G-ds. They favored me. Here they be, ends still unwoven in, flanking the spinning wheel that brought the yarn into existance:

quite soft and comfy too. the sox, not the wheel.

and here's my next sox project:

I need to go and drink a coke, or espresso, or something...


Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: