Sunday, January 28, 2007

knotty knitters and a hat

I'll buy my love some flannel, I'll make my love a shroud
And every stitch I put in it, the tears they will pour down
With every stitch I put in it, how the tears will flow
Cruel fate has put an end to his growing

Anon/ traditional
I have no idea why, but this ballad appeals to me tonight.

Anyway. The Tea Cozy Hat is finished. TheBon kindly offered to photograph it for me, and the tiny bit of yarn that I had left once it was finished (eep!):


And, an "action" shot:See? I have been losing weight
(just... extremely slowly)

And here're some shots of the Knotty Knitters girls (from tonight)...


Can you tell which one was taken by me and the other by TheBon? I bet you can, her's doesn't suck ;D

And back to business. Lemme see, lemme see. Quick update:
  • I still need to make that soup
  • La Primavera stole is coming along nicely. Alas, I might need more yarn... Oy.
  • An accord has been reached with the parents. The finally agree that the possibility of me not getting hired at MoC will not cause the Apocalypse. We have agreed that my tickets to SF WILL be bought tomorrow, come Hell or high water. Seriously. I don't care if I have to stand down Satan himself at this point.
  • The Corset-A-Long starts tomorrow. We'll see how that goes.
  • 22 participants in the Hogwarts Houses Swap
  • I am a bad organizer, or was, for the Handspun Swap. I'm not nagging enough, I admit it.
  • I just may have to strangle Bon's MIL
  • Rome and Extras kick @ss this season
  • The Guild is going to start meeting at Starbucks now, instead of on campus.
  • And my foot is feeling much better now, thank you everyone, and hopefully I shall somehow manage to make it to 100 mi by April 1 despite my recent bipedal issues.
Nightnight.

Labels: , , ,


Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: