Sunday, December 24, 2006

Blackbells

The web of our life is of a mingled yarn, good and ill together.
Shakespeare
I was so bound and determined this evening to finish clapotis.

I didn't. Alas.

I comfort myself with the fact that I did finish these, and block them, and weave in the ends:


They still make me think of Queen Victoria I, post Albert. Crazy, I know. Project specs?
  • Yarn: fingerweight baby alpaca, 50 g (I have no idea who produced it - some independent mill - or what the yardage is)
  • Pattern: wacky concoction of my own - using horseshoe lace and a modified generic "bell" lace
  • Size: women's medium? 7.5" around hand, I think
  • Needles: US 5/ 3.75 mm (set of 5 Brittany 8")
  • Time: I have no idea, maybe a couple hours a mitt
Anyway. I have a reason, not an excuse, for not finishing clapotis tonight (and thus opening up space my knitting bag to finishing other projects). Mum, Dad, and I went to see A Night at the Museum. At 8:20pm (PDT) Mum declared that she wanted to go out and would I please check the movie listings? By 8:45 we were at the cinema and ending up sitting through countless commercials.

It was definitely worth it. I love Ben Stiller movies. I particularly liked the miniature General (Emperor) Octavius. And the T-Rex. Fun movie. Completely inaccurate, but that's beside the point. Mum and Dad were glad I picked it.

Once we got home, I sat back down with my clapotis and worked on it for another two hours, whilst watching Little Miss Sunshine. I was the only one who liked it/ made it past the first 1/2 hour. I really thought it was funny and sweet. My parents are weird. Mum loved Nacho Libre. 'Nuff said.

So, yeah. Christmas Eve tonight (it's 2 am right now...) and the crazies are out driving. TheBon and I swapped driving horror stories this afternoon. I think I may just bunker down and wait for the storm to pass.

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: