Sunday, December 24, 2006
The web of our life is of a mingled yarn, good and ill together.I was so bound and determined this evening to finish clapotis.
I didn't. Alas.
I comfort myself with the fact that I did finish these, and block them, and weave in the ends:
They still make me think of Queen Victoria I, post Albert. Crazy, I know. Project specs?
- Yarn: fingerweight baby alpaca, 50 g (I have no idea who produced it - some independent mill - or what the yardage is)
- Pattern: wacky concoction of my own - using horseshoe lace and a modified generic "bell" lace
- Size: women's medium? 7.5" around hand, I think
- Needles: US 5/ 3.75 mm (set of 5 Brittany 8")
- Time: I have no idea, maybe a couple hours a mitt
It was definitely worth it. I love Ben Stiller movies. I particularly liked the miniature General (Emperor) Octavius. And the T-Rex. Fun movie. Completely inaccurate, but that's beside the point. Mum and Dad were glad I picked it.
Once we got home, I sat back down with my clapotis and worked on it for another two hours, whilst watching Little Miss Sunshine. I was the only one who liked it/ made it past the first 1/2 hour. I really thought it was funny and sweet. My parents are weird. Mum loved Nacho Libre. 'Nuff said.
So, yeah. Christmas Eve tonight (it's 2 am right now...) and the crazies are out driving. TheBon and I swapped driving horror stories this afternoon. I think I may just bunker down and wait for the storm to pass.