Saturday, December 31, 2005

FO: a spencer shrug!

I finished something!!!


I couldn't take a picture of it on me, so you're gonna have to use your imagination. I used 3 skeins of a bulky verigated wool for the body and 2.5 skeins of a natural brown wool of the same weight. It comes to right below my bust, like the Spencers worn during the Empire period. It fits well, because I actually measured out my bust instead of knitting up the traditional circumference. At their widest points-> across my back is 19", but across my bust is 26", which makes sizing clothing IMPOSSIBLE. So, I knit the back for a 40" circumference sweater, and each cardi-front piece as for a 52" sweater. I think that's what I'm gonna do for my sweaters from now on, because it's just annoying to have to knit up a 50"-er, when it won't fit right. I'm a bit annoyed with the sleeves - they're a little tight at the wrists, but I *did* knit the edging as a 1x1 rib, which might not have been the best idea.

You may have guessed, but I am feeling better. I'm a bit cranky, which everyone is complaining about, but I don't care right now. I'm still tired, but at least I didn't have nightmares last night (I did have some extremely surreal dreams, but we're not going there). My winter knitting group is meeting tomorrow, so I can show off the two shrugs I knit up in the past two weeks :D

I haven't had a chance to finish up the twilight yarn. maybe tomorrow.

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: