Sunday, January 14, 2007

roses and violets

How cunningly nature hides every wrinkle of her inconceivable antiquity under roses and violets and morning dew!
Ralph Waldo Emerson
It's no secret that my favourite colour combination is pink and violet. Which might explain why I am completely pink and violet in the picture below:


I knit up a pair of mitts today, using some handspun yarn I've been battling ever since I started spinning it. It was too scratchy for a neck warmer, and I found out mid-hat that I didn't have enough for a hat. Mitts seemed to be the easiest solution. Thus, I ignored housework, swap projects, family presents and even eating to knit these up and finish them.

Clearly, I need a break from something.

If only I could figure out what.

Labels: ,


Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: