Thursday, May 18, 2006

FO: saxon sox

Modelled on myne own feet, here they be:


100% alpaca (yeah, so Saxon, I know) made by combining the sock pattern in The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns and Epstein's Saxon Braid pattern from Knitting on the Edge.

I think I may give them to my Mom. She always sighs over the sox Opus makes for me. And they're soft, and I won't have to see the mistakes I made on them ;)

It took me, oh, a year, but I got them done! Yay, another finished object for me.

For some reason, lace knee-high hose (like, with a ribbon garter and everything) sound soooo sexy right now. I have near 500 yards of alpaca lace yarn, in pink. Teeheehee.

I may hate socks (in an on-again/off-again way), but I AM a knitter, and therefore must have a pair on the needles at all times. It's, like, a Knitter's Law or something. They also make great travel projects, and scare non-knitters for my entertainment.

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: