Saturday, October 21, 2006

it all comes back to the wool

teas‧er  /ˈtizər/ [tee-zer] –noun
  1. a person or thing that teases.
  2. Theater. a drapery or flat piece across the top of the proscenium arch that masks the flies and that, together with the tormentors, forms a frame for the stage opening.
  3. Printing, Journalism. kicker (def. 9).
  4. an advertisement that lures customers or clients by offering a bonus, gift, or the like.
  5. Television Slang. tease (def. 5).
[Origin: 1350–1400; ME teser machine for teasing wool; see tease, -er1]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
I was planning to put up teasers for my upcoming 2s2c (two socks on 2 circular needles) tutorial for Socktoberfest, when I decided to look up where the word 'teaser' came from. And, 'lo and behold!, it did go back to the wool. Ha!

Anyway. TheBon took some veryvery nice photos of/ for me for the tute (on Thursday), and some of them can be used to tease you (not wool, alas) and fill the void my blog is suffering from currently (my bad, I know). Here's the yarn for the socks I knit during the 'photo shoot':


And some 'knitter's scat', as Emmos puts it:


My favourite knitting portrait/ useful pic for tute:
(brava, Bon, it's got dual purpose!)


And the socks that I made for the tute that also, incidentally (hahaha), will fit D:


Sometimes, I'm so clever it tickles me. Well, the yarn knit up pretty well, even though it didn't want to dye. We painted it a few weeks back at a crockpot dyeing party-thing. So, yeah. I need to actually sit down and right the bloody tute. I haven't had a spare minute for a couple of days. Oy. I'm so exhausted.

Today was a whirlwind experience. After being dragged out of bed this morning, I had to carry the Torah (if you don't know what a Torah is... ) and say an Aliyah (a very special blessing - I'm so tired right now, I think I spelled that wrong) and keep my entire bloody family on the right page of the Siddur (prayer book) this morning during the morning Sabbath service. Then, I had to run home and change (I completely overdressed, oy) and grab M for a rug-hooking lecture. The lecture turned out not to be a lecture, so we left. Then we ran all over town a back (figuratively) with Emmos. I arrived home just before 9pm. That's nearly 12 hours running around.

By the end of the evening, I had:
  • purchased a copy of Sensational Knitted Socks (score!) for half-price with a coupon at JoAnn's
  • purchased 3 more skeins of previously overpriced yarn on clearance
  • found 2 cool historical sewing patterns for $.99 each
  • and cast on for another pair of socks (using the lovely yarn Lynda sent to me, who I have sent a thank you card to and am now pondering how to surprise...)
So, now I am staring at the screen and trying to figure out what I should be doing. I desperately need to check my email, but my brain says it wants to sleep more. I think I may just be too tired to argue with it.

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: