Wednesday, May 30, 2007

recuperating

I look like a chipmunk with mumps, but all is well. Thank you, everyone, for your well wishes and kind words. I really, really wish I could just eat solid food, right now.

Otherwise? Not too bad. Even better news... actually, I have a lot. First, I received two images from my sister of baby T in her new sweater, the prototype wraplan - making it an official FO:


I'm definitely going to have to change the pattern - the button band was completely wonky and the edge kept curling (despite ribbing), but it looks cuter than a bug's ear. Project specs:
  • The pattern: my own
  • Knitting start date: I have no idea. December-ish, 2006?
  • Finish date: March 25, 2007
  • The yarn: Jo-Ann's Bellezza "Smania" (which, incidentally, I do NOT recommend)
  • The needles: US 5's Denise needles
  • The size: 12 month old, 24" (ish)
  • Knitting techniques: continental, flat body, DPN sleeves, intarsia for baseball-sleeves.
And the other good news? Sheila, kind soul at Journey Wheel, contacted me to let me know that one of their customers is selling her DT Journey Wheel (w/ case and extra bobbins) for much, much less that I'm scheduled to pay for the new one. She offered to have Jonathan look it over and fix it up for me, before sending it over - IF I want it.

Of course I want it! Hopefully, I'll actually get it. How cool is that? I love these people, they're very friendly and trying so hard to help me (and all their customers) out.

And that is all. Now we're set to go and watch a movie, while my face swells even more. I should get a picture of this. Give everyone over the nets a laugh.

Labels: , , , ,


Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: