Thursday, October 05, 2006

moving ever forward

The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
US poet (1807 - 1882)
I read this and laughed. It's four am, and I've just finished Mum's arrowhead lace socks. The ends are woven in and they fit and everything. I even have the picture to prove it:


So, now my Socktoberfest 2006 total is up to a grand total of two pairs of finished socks. I'll even be casting on another pair (and using it to photograph my tutorial) tomorrow later today. I'll need to update my sidebar. Thank goodness this pair is done. I was beginning to think they'd never be finished and I'd never get to use my Addi 2.5 mm for another pair of socks ever again!

My Mum reminded me of another pair of socks I made her, and forgot to list earlier, the white baby alpaca cabled socks of horror (why do I make this complex things? why?) from several months ago. She asked if I'd seen them. If she's lost the pair, I really don't want to know. Some things in life are better to be left ignorant of.

I came up with a meme idea that I'll be posting soon enough. I want to let it sit for a bit.

I'm tired now and think I shall let myself sleep.

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: