Tuesday, June 06, 2006

close, but not quite

I finished knitting Sakura tonight... I still need to weave in the ends,


... and wash it.

Since the last time I knit a sweater using Fortissima, I had some major shrinkage. See how I planned ahead for this? Sakura's a bit big on me, but not monstrously huge should shrinkage mysteriously not occur.

The length was the main concern, since I lost TWO WHOLE INCHES on my other 'un. I mean, if I make the effort to iron it with steam on, I get most of that length back. But, who has that kind of time? I plan on being able to throw this in the wash and then wear it when it's out, not have to reblock it each time (which is why there's all that extra length in my gauzy wrap pattern, guys!).
Cellulose fibers can be such pills.

Anyway. I'm planning on washing it tomorrow night. We'll see if my deviousness paid off then.

If not, well, all I need to do is get/ or make some slip dresses to wear under it, and I'll be set ;)

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: