Saturday, February 11, 2006

rip it

Well, here's something to celebrate - I'm the first to frog my project!

Yippee. I never should have tried to cast-on last night, high on NyQuil with a DayQuil chaser. Not only did I put the markers in the right places, but I read the "berry" pattern and forgot to *adapt* it to knitting in the round, so I got it *wrong*. Look, from the front:


Of course, the back is correct - I mean, it's how the *front* is supposed to look:


So, I frogged away. For our non-native-English speakers, "frogging" is slang for "ripping it all out"... What fun it was (hahaha):


Here's my glorious 3" of sweaterness reduced to it's base element, yarn:


And here's the yarn behaving and being cast on again:


Anyway. I've rewritten my pattern, and plan on graphing it tomorrow, so there'll be less likelyhood of mistakes. Joy. Anyway, bona sera, y'all. At least I can claim the prestigious position of being the first KO knitter to frog their whole project first. Woohoo.

...Where'd that brandy go?

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: