Thursday, January 19, 2006

eh, in general

I am so sick of carbs right now. I got off the antibiotics on Monday night, but the nausia remains. I got so sick the other night when I ate enchiladas - mild ones! Oh, how pathetic. So, now I'm pretty much on the BRAT diet until my stomach decides to play nice with the rest of my body. Thing is, I can't stand the thought of eating more popcorn, bread or rice. Just shoot me.

In other news, I am listening to Cast On during office hours, and I shall convert the world to knitting over time!

OOOOH! Here's something I find very entertaining. As a buxom girl, I get angry and depressed when knitting designers come up with patterns where their XL size is 42" or less. So, I absolutely cackled with glee when both Stephanie, the Yarn Harlot herself, AND Alison of the Blue Blog encountered problems with Teva Durham's Lace Leaf Pull Over. Not only do Durham's sweaters not fit ME, but they don't fit more slender and more experienced knitters. Maybe it's cruel, but I like to think it's the curse of the Unsympathetic Designer. Maybe it's just me.

Also, here's a cool article in the NY Times on the increase of recreational handspinners. Sadly, they didn't do quite enough research in my opinion - their youngest spinner was 26, whereas I've had students 6 and up. And, they really emphasized the number of spinners who spin to relax, not create. I don't know about you, but I love the fact that I'm creating something! I'm taking a pile of fluff and making something beautiful, while reaching a Zen-like state. Of course, I spin to relax - but I also spin because it's a wonderful process.

Anyway. I need to force myself to eat lunch, do my homework - and then I can knit!

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: