Tuesday, January 17, 2006

a matching set??

I had an idea. A brilliant, fantastic, wonderful idea. Well, slightly anyway. My sister is (finally!) pregnant, and she also has a stepson. I was shopping with her a year or two ago and she was sighing longingly at some children's Fair Isle sweaters that were going for $100 each, minimum. I'm thinking it'd be soooo cute to make a matching set for Dylan and my upcoming neice/ nephew (we're praying for a girl, one of each and all...).

Soooo, now, I must choose the absolutely cutest sweaters I can, and make them up. This is something even my parents have gotten behind. I think the Dale of Norway book 136 is my best option, it has patterns for ages 6 months thru 12 years. Hopefully, the sweaters won't *take* me 12 years, cuz then they'll be on my great-neices/ nephews.


And, no, you don't need to tell me I'm insane. This I know. But, I shall do it, somehow! The baby's not due 'til August. I still have to make Dylan his blanky! Eeek. I must get on this... That's it! I am making a list and posting it on the blog. That way I can't avoid it. Much.

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: