Thursday, April 20, 2006

Ah, well. I mean well.

. Vonnie, you are so much smarter than me, it can be so humbling. I can't believe I forgot all that crap from last term (maybe I was blocking the memory in an effort to dull the pain?). Very valid point. This shawl is ever so much easier than that horrid aran (which I dread ever touching again).

Anyway, muchas gracias to Vonnie for putting the world back in order (it really was just too weird... I almost started a "magic elf" watch...)

In other news, I have something interesting to post - My Char-knitty Challenge: Creating Fyber Ducklings.

I want to thank everyone who donated to the Butterflies in Bushwick proposal I mentioned last month (they're almost to 30%!). Because of it, I was asked by DonorsChoose to try out a new program - their Blogger Challenge. Bloggers who have been noted for donations/ fund-raising and posting their program of choice on their blogs are eligible, I guess.

I chose 5 programs centered around teaching low-income children to knit, weave, or crochet. ONE of the programs is even focused on learning about alpacas in Chilean culture. I donated $2o (yo soy una studiente pobre!), which of course doesn't show up because I forgot to donate via the "donate to this challenge" option. Ahwell, it's the thought that counts. I'm a bit dim this evenning. I've set the challenge at $1000 (too high? too low?), so we'll see how this goes - I'm planning on leaving it up until the challenge is fulfilled, or cancelled (in 3 months).

If you have the extra cash to spare, (or not, and put it on plastic, like me), please consider donating. The minimum is only $10 (and it's all tax-deductable, which I need to jot down for next year...)

Should I start a list of donors who send me their names? Hmmm... I'll post you on the blog! Maybe I should dole out prizes like the Yarn Harlot? How about rewards? All y'all know I love recieving ideas from y'all. I'm thinking, maybe, handspun yarn for knitters and roving or wool for spinners? This, of course, would be dependent on the amount donated... Or, maybe I could just do a random number generator thingy every 2 - 3 months?

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: