Thursday, April 20, 2006

too surreal

How many Surrealists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A spoon.

I am one snowdrop repeat away from starting the plain neck triangle on the shawl. This is too weird. I mean, I couldn't knit a sweater in 2 weeks (at 4 sts/ inch!), but I'm, like, halfway done with a lace shawl (at 6 sts/ inch!!) after 5 days. I'll admit, I have been neglecting my other projects, but mostly because I'm afraid of never finishing this thing if I stop, at all.

I actually had to check the pattern again on the Harlot's site (no, I am NOT carrying it ON me, okaaay?), because I was certain I was hallucinating.

And, to top off the weirdness, as far as I can tell I am up-to-date with all my classes and as on-schedule as I can be (which might not be enough for other people, I'll admit).

Which reminds me, I need to finish my Physics homework and look at my Linguistics tutorial. Oh, yeah, there's also the first Anth midterm due this weekend. I think that's everything.

Oh, and I need to email Emms and find out if my presence is desired this weekend.

I promise to post a pic laters.

Okay, upon deeper meditation of life's mercurial tendencies, I think I AM going to change this pattern some. (Just a weeee bit.) I think I'm going to add another snowdrop repeat sequence, then start the triangle. The shawl just looks too small to be ready. Which is probably because I haven't blocked it yet (and I will probably, if that is the case, rue this decision); but, I want to be sure this thing is big enough to classify as a shawl and not a pelerine (of which, of course, I cannot find a decent pic - but it's basically a shawlette, like the ones worn by Regency women over their low-neck dresses).

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: