Friday, January 06, 2006

oooooh, progress

Well, here it is. The long awaited update and pic. I have 12" done!! Only 4 more to go, give or take. I'm actually just gonna do 2 more pattern repeats, cuz their appx 2" tall. The pattern is a traditional Inverness-Nairn area Fishermen's Sweater pattern (where my father's family is from), from "Traditional Knitting Patterns" by Norbury. It's very pretty. And, of course, I am using the Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns by Budd. I'm doing a 48" raglan at 4 sts/". The yarn is some discontinued wool that I painted meself a few months back. Here's the pic:


The colours in the photo are a little off, "washed out" doesn't quite apply. Maybe "cooled down" would be better. Soon, I shall have to start the sleeves. I shall do two at once on two circulars. I have already decided. Anyway, my big problem is trying to decide if I should adapt the focal pattern to the raglan sleeve decrease, or just cut into it. I shall have to think it over.

Also, I got my schedule for classes next term... it's divine! I can't even comprehend. I have class from 1 - 4 pm on Mon and Wed, and class from 1 - 2 on Fri. I'm hoping to throw in 3 hours of practicum at the Museum on Fri... But, I shall have hours upon hours to study and knit in my Guild's office every Tues and Thurs!! How beautiful. Magnificent. I can't even express the wonder.

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: