Tuesday, January 10, 2006

mmmm... pasta

At lunch right now, avoiding my pile of reading assignments. I have to read, like, 30 paragraphs of Livy and an untold amount of Polybius and others. Anyway, I got a sizeable amount done on my raglan's sleeves - they're up to 7" now. Only 13 more inches until I get to join them to the body! (dancing).

I signed up for the Woven Chenille Scarves workshop at my Uni's Craft Center today. It's taught by Judy Ness, who rocks :D If you live in the Eugene area, I strongly recommend that you try out the UO Craft Center - the workshops and studios are great.

I probably won't get any knitting done, cuz I absolutely MUST finish my partner's purse, for the Thrift Store Purse Revamp - it's due to be sent on Sat. I just need to finish sewing the sides and put some ribbon around the edge. It shouldn't take more than a couple of hours (so I tell myself), so why do I keep procrastinating? Probably because I'm terrified I'll ruin the bloody thing. Everyone who's seen it says it's lovely - but, oh, the dread. Anyway. Once I send it off, I'll post pix of the whole endeavor.

I really need to read my homework...

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: