Wednesday, July 11, 2007

expecto soleam

True to my word, I BO the last stitch on Bean's second bootie right as the previews started before HPatOP. I also only had 12" of yarn left. Is that kizmit or what?

The movie was fantastic. It is widely known that I strongly disapprove of the 1st and 3rd movies, for many reasons. But I liked this latest director's take on the HP universe - the Death Eaters were much cooler this time (in an evil sort of way), as was the Order (loved Tonks and Shacklebolt). The interpretation of the relationships of the 3 was closer to the way I read the books - neither saccharine nor sexual. I also approved of the actress who played Luna (great job) and the twins were as fun as ever. The special effects were even more impressive than the last movie. The final 30 mins are perfectly described as an apocalypse.

Go and see it. You'll definitely get your money's worth, and it'll be so much more entrancing on a large screen.

Moving on. Booties done meant I could spin for the Tour when I got home:


I love my charkha, but am even more excited to announce that Sheila at Journey Wheel emailed me today to let me know that my wheel would start it's journey to me tomorrow. Once I calm down enough, I'll send her a reply that goes beyond "SQUEE".

After that I got down to some knitting, and am very annoyed to report that I'm going to have to frog these two socks-IP:


Stretched, they'll fit a 7" foot. As my foot is 8" around... *sigh*. I think the sock yarn is punishing me for quitting on Titania's Revenge. I may just have to re-CO. Later. Much, much later. For now, I'll frog, rewind the ball, and CO a different pair of socks with different yarn.

Aaand, to cheer myself up I'll check the SKA on ravelry - last count was at 240 members.

Labels: , , , ,


Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: