Sunday, July 08, 2007

snip. snip. snark.

I don't know what's in the water or subliminal messages right now, but everyone in the family is so snippy. A person can't say the sky is blue without someone taking offense, "Did I say it wasn't?"

Oy. I ran away to the PDX Knit-Bloggers meet-up at Knit/ Purl today, just to escape the egg-shell covered floor. The ladies were very nice, very cheerful, and quite rowdy - I could hear them in the basement when I walked into the store.

Which reminds me. I found their group on ravelry, which I finally got invited onto last night! I'm so addicted. I've been searching patterns, adding pictures, and puttering about every spare moment I can. There are tons of lace knitters on already, so it's nice to see what they're working on and what they've got queued as well.

And, because they've started a new 'groups' section (and have asked for people to start groups of their own), I made up one: Sock Knitters Anonymous. Like any other group, we've got our 12 steps:
  1. We admitted we were powerless over our desire to hand-knit socks and stash sock yarn.
  2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
  3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of our LYSes as we understood Them.
  4. Made a searching and fearless accurate inventory of Stashes.
  5. Admitted to ravelry, to ourselves, and to other human beings the exact nature of our sock addiction.
  6. Were entirely ready to frog any defects of knitting.
  7. Humbly asked for knots to be removed from our skeins, hanks, and balls of yarn.
  8. Made a list of all patterns we had started, stashed for, or designed on cocktail napkins, and became willing to start/ finish them all.
  9. Finish sock WIPs wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them, the yarn, needles, ourselves, or others.
  10. Continued to keep a stash inventory and when we buy more sock yarn, promptly admitted it.
  11. Sought through trial and error to improve our conscious contact with sock knitting we understood It, praying only for knowledge of Turning Heels and the power to carry that out.
  12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other sock knitters, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
C'mon and join if you're on ravelry. Also, friend me if you're on, please! I've lost track of all the members I know online and my puter is soooo slow that searching is nigh impossible :(

Labels: , ,


Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: