Sunday, December 24, 2006
le clapotis est fini
In Paris they simply stared when I spoke to them in French; I never did succeed in making those idiots understand their own language.Clapotis = swash = swagger. I must try this out once it's dried. TheBon has offered to photograph my blackbells mitts for me and I'm wondering if I can sneak the newest addition to my wardrobe in as well. I'd better start baking a bribe now...
Anyway. Piccage. I'm just cruel for writing on and on and on without giving you an sort of visual distraction. Ooh, look!, a closeup:
And here is the entire clapotis, blocking on the bed in the sewing room, with my favourite pashmina (a silk/ wool creation that brings new meaning to the word "sumptuous") placed next to clapotis for comparison. They're almost exactly the same size! My clapotis is only 4 inches longer!
To achieve this, I did have to alter the pattern. Just a bit. I can't wait to wear this!!
Okay, project specs:
- Yarn: Blue Moon Socks that Rock™ heavyweight 100% Superwash Merino
(approximately 350 yds / 7 oz) - a gift(!) from my Magic Yarn Ball Swap partner: jezebel7383
- Pattern: Clapotis, from knitty
- Pattern adaptations: I added 6 Straight Rows repeats in section 3 (I like my wraps to wrap)
- Size: 26" x 82"
- Needles: US 8/ 5 mm (Denise)
- Date started: Dec 7, 2006
- Date finished: Dec 24, 2006
Labels: finished object