Sunday, December 24, 2006

le clapotis est fini

In Paris they simply stared when I spoke to them in French; I never did succeed in making those idiots understand their own language.
Mark Twain
Clapotis = swash = swagger. I must try this out once it's dried. TheBon has offered to photograph my blackbells mitts for me and I'm wondering if I can sneak the newest addition to my wardrobe in as well. I'd better start baking a bribe now...

Anyway. Piccage. I'm just cruel for writing on and on and on without giving you an sort of visual distraction. Ooh, look!, a closeup:

(this yarn was GORGEOUS to work with!)

And here is the entire clapotis, blocking on the bed in the sewing room, with my favourite pashmina (a silk/ wool creation that brings new meaning to the word "sumptuous") placed next to clapotis for comparison. They're almost exactly the same size! My clapotis is only 4 inches longer!

To achieve this, I did have to alter the pattern. Just a bit. I can't wait to wear this!!

Okay, project specs:
  • Yarn: Blue Moon Socks that Rock™ heavyweight 100% Superwash Merino
    (approximately 350 yds / 7 oz) - a gift(!) from my Magic Yarn Ball Swap partner: jezebel7383
  • Pattern: Clapotis, from knitty
  • Pattern adaptations: I added 6 Straight Rows repeats in section 3 (I like my wraps to wrap)
  • Size: 26" x 82"
  • Needles: US 8/ 5 mm (Denise)
  • Date started: Dec 7, 2006
  • Date finished: Dec 24, 2006
So, (deep breath), that's another big project done. I am madly in love with it. I also, unbelievably, have enough of the yarn left over for another small project. I think I'm gonna make another cabled watchcap. Actually, that just gave me an idea. I must go and raid the stash.

Labels:


Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: