Tuesday, December 19, 2006

From

“When you put your hand to the plow, you can't put it down until you get to the end of the row.”
Alice Paul (1885 - 1977)
I finished the body of "that Judaica thing" today. I even started duplicate stitching (read: embroidering) the Hebrew words on. I got as far as "meen" ("from") when I dropped my needle (it fell in the trash bin of all places) and made a tangle of the yarn. I decided that this was A Sign that I had abused myself enough and could switch over to something more pleasant, like clapotis, pictured below with a hint of "that Judaica thing":


"Meen" is the Hebrew word for "from". I find this amusing because Dad and I spent over a half hour in the post office today, mailing off four packages (the gansey and raglan for my niece and nephew, roving for a Craftster's daughter, and two of the Wacky Ducky prizes). I finished a small part of Crimson's package today, but am quickly coming to the conclusion finally admitting to myself that I won't be able to get her prize or Christmas gifts to her before next Monday (sorry!).

I am also embarassed to admit that we haven't lit a single wick on our menorah in the past 5 nights. I think I may just go do that after I finish posting, to allieviate my guilt slightly. Mum and I will be cooking up a storm tomorrow for the Channukah party on the 21st (the deadline for "that Judaica thing" incidentally and, no, I am not panicking YET).

OY.

Anyway. Not much other progress to report. I still haven't made any of my Peace Corps physical/ mental exam appointments yet - I keep getting distracted by things like cooking and cleaning and making sure my brother doesn't fall asleep again on the way to Seattle...

Right. Deep breath. It's midnight. I need to check my email. I need to go to bed so I can finish "that-" stupid "-Judaica thing," and make parve minestrone soup, and bake another 5 dozen cookies and bake potatoes for latkes.

No, I know what I really need. I need to escape to Southern France. Provence would be nice. I'm very partial to the Cote d'Azur and San Raphael in particular.

... now where did I put my passport?

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: