Friday, December 15, 2006

fiat lux, the sequel

After an hour of intensive silver polishing, we got the menorah (and platter for it) shiny. Then, we even managed to get the oil and wicks to light. A feat in and of itself, all things considered. Apparently, my degree in Classics is worth something, since I suggested we change the wick holders to mimic Roman oil lamps - leading to lights that stayed lit. So, yay for useless degrees.


We even lit up the shamus and 3 of the wells, for a little experiment. I'll take pictures tomorrow night of the real Channukah lighting.

Go, go Gryffindor Macabees!

(and yes, I'm feeling a bit better, which is a bit worrying - to be discussed later)

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: