Wednesday, October 04, 2006

socktoberfest questionaire

“His socks compelled one's attention without losing one's respect”
H. H. Munro (1870-1916)

Hrm... now I have to, like, think... And, Crimson made me do it.
  • When did you start making socks? Did you teach yourself or were you taught by a friend or relative? or in a class?
3 years ago. I was taught how to use both DPNs and 2 circs by the Great-Sock-Mistress Opus.
  • What was your first pair? How have they "held up" over time?
I ripped out my first 2 pairs or so. Couldn't stand how they compared to the socks Opus made for me. My first 'successfull' pair I still wear, they're warm and fluffy.
  • What would you have done differently?
Not used handspun for my first pair. And used traditional sock yarn for the second pair. Umm, maybe not using the pattern I did, too.
  • What yarns have you particularly enjoyed?
Other than my handspun? I'm a big fan of Knit Picks Essential. Poor college student thing and all. I can't wait to try my Gloss and Dancing, tho.
  • Do you like to crochet your socks? or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method?
I prefer 2 socks on 2 circulars, but will knit on DPNs as well.
  • Which kind of heel do you prefer? (flap? or short-row?)
Heel flap, all the way.
  • How many pairs have you made?
Do I get to count the pairs I've ripped out? 7 if so, 5 if not. And, as soon as I finish these bloody lace ones for Mum, that'll be another pair. And I'll get to cast on something interesting.

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: