Wednesday, October 04, 2006
“His socks compelled one's attention without losing one's respect”
H. H. Munro (1870-1916)
Hrm... now I have to, like, think... And, Crimson made me do it.
- When did you start making socks? Did you teach yourself or were you taught by a friend or relative? or in a class?
3 years ago. I was taught how to use both DPNs and 2 circs by the Great-Sock-Mistress Opus.
- What was your first pair? How have they "held up" over time?
I ripped out my first 2 pairs or so. Couldn't stand how they compared to the socks Opus made for me. My first 'successfull' pair I still wear, they're warm and fluffy.
- What would you have done differently?
Not used handspun for my first pair. And used traditional sock yarn for the second pair. Umm, maybe not using the pattern I did, too.
- What yarns have you particularly enjoyed?
Other than my handspun? I'm a big fan of Knit Picks Essential. Poor college student thing and all. I can't wait to try my Gloss and Dancing, tho.
- Do you like to crochet your socks? or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method?
I prefer 2 socks on 2 circulars, but will knit on DPNs as well.
- Which kind of heel do you prefer? (flap? or short-row?)
Heel flap, all the way.
- How many pairs have you made?
Do I get to count the pairs I've ripped out? 7 if so, 5 if not. And, as soon as I finish these bloody lace ones for Mum, that'll be another pair. And I'll get to cast on something interesting.