Tuesday, September 05, 2006

score!

I feel like cackling in the worst way possible. I was favored today by the G-ddess of Shopping in a BIG way... Dad and I went across town and back again on various errands - so, to save gas, we hit every store we thought might be necessary. Goodwill, Michaels, St Vinny's, and JoAnns. Lemme see...

At Goodwill, I found a bag of knitting supplies (included a little tube of DPNs, stitch holders, 3 sets of straights, and some other things) and a vintage quilting/cutting board, all for $4. At Michaels I found a new sturdy needle gauge (don't ask how the other one died, just don't). At St Vinny's, I found a stash of vintage and (hey, technically) antique knitting magazines. And, HAHAHA, at JoAnns - I FOUND OWL FABRIC!! It was sitting right on the front stand as I walked in the door (I grabbed 2 yards for you Emmos! It was on sale... and likely to disappear soon) and I also grabbed another 14" zipper (now pinned to my corduroy corset). Here be my hoard:


And here are the two coolest things, for me, that I found:


An, honest-to-g-d, WWII knitting magazine (see the little War insert on yarn shortages? It was printed in 1942!) and a retro Boye DPN set - 4 size US2's - which was in the knitting bag from Goodwill. I think I'm just going to sit here and bask in the glow of a good day of deal-hunting. Tehe.

I finished another panta today, putting me at 3.5/ 5 - almost there! I need to do the heels of the IYP3 Swap socks tonight. That's my plan, anyway. I have 5 eps of X-Files on the DVR to keep me going. And, we also rented Kiki's Delivery Service (Miyazaki) to watch later...

Oh, and thank you guys! You're very sweet. I think the sweater looks horrid, and'll prolly be giving it away - I just need to keep my hands busy anymore. Ahwell.

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: