Saturday, July 01, 2006

snarl

Lemme see. I had to frog socks. Two socks on two circulars, three colours each. Needless to say, it did not cheer me up. I'm back to before the colourwork.

I'll try again tomorrow. I'm going to try intarsia instead of stranding. We'll see if this works.

I got a ton of compliments on my latest knitting achievement when mum and I stopped at soft horizons today. She wants a tank top like the one I just made. I told her if she bought the yarn, I'd make it. It's sleeveless. Sleeveless is golden and good in my world. She didn't like the colours the yarn came in. Other yarns were too expensive. She complained, loudly, in front of the one nice clerk they have. Fan-tastic. Okay, I agreed with the over-priced bit, but that's something you don't say aloud.

And you especially don't say aloud, "Let's just get the yarn online."

At which point I went stock-still and waited for the angry mob to come and either: a) lynch us, or b) burn us at the stake. Fuuun.

It's ... oy.

Anyway. I think I found a substitute from knit picks - I have an account with them, yadda yadda and all that.

Emms, my lil' bro, is heading up to Seattle tmrw to visit his best friend. I don't envy him that.

Hmph. I'll do something interesting in a day or two. I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to the Guild meeting on Sunday. Human interaction with people I am not related to is becoming increasingly precious.

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: