Monday, March 06, 2006

I dub thee Wild Iris

I know I have called this particular handspun project "Crete" for the past 2 months, but I decided to name it Wild Iris instead. The pic's a bit washed out, but here it is:


12 oz of ultra-fine (19 microns!) 3-ply (3!!!) merino handspun yarn. It's sooooooo soft. It's also my first non-Navajo-plied 3-ply handspun. Which is why it took so long. Gawd. Finished, it is approximately worsted weight, so the singles were practically thread.

Is 12 oz enough to make a baby or child's blanket?? I can't find my McMorran Balance, so I don't know!! (wail) If I don't find it by the time I visit Vonnie, I'll bring it up to figure it out.

Well, I have to admit, I LOVE spinning 3-ply yarns now. When you ply them, they balance out so well. Normally, my skeins twist a bit on themselves, but these 3 skeins are perfect. Oh, I love 'em. I don't know if I can bear to be parted from them...

Maybe a shawl???

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: