Friday, April 20, 2007

still can't find the AA batteries

“Every kind of peaceful cooperation among men is primarily based on mutual trust and only secondarily on institutions such as courts of justice and police.”
Albert Einstein
... so I present you with a poster for the movie Emm and St M and I saw this afternoon:


Review? Funny as hell. Exactly what one'd expect from the makers of Shaun of the Dead (which Emm and I both loved, incidentally). All 3 of us were carded, since it's rated R. And, rightfully so, I'd guess. There were a couple of grisly scenes that upset my brother, of all people. I was fine, and only winced in one scene.

All in all we agreed that it was a hilarious spoof of action movies (it had it's serious points, too, in the movie's defense). I particularly liked the homage to Point Break and Bad Boys II *snickering*. It also took me the better part of the movie to identify several actors from the BBC. And St M pointed out that it was Cate Blanchett as the protagonist's ex (she was wearing a mask and crime scene unit suit).

Lots of fun (if pricey! I can't even recover from the price of snacks). We got home, spent some time with Mum, ate dinner - well, everyone but Mum (who's sick) and Emm (who's just picky) - and got tons of knitting done. I'm nearly past the insteps of Monkey. Yay.

And that's about it.

(oh, p.s.: St M and I were much better behaved this time, and no one noticed us making snarky remarks over the previews anyway...)

Labels:


Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: