Sunday, April 15, 2007

more fun than a barrelful of...

Monkeys? I have to say that I AM enjoying the pattern, and the yarn. Especially the yarn. Cherry Tree Hill yarn are going to be the death of me (and my yarn diet), I can just See it. I would have liked to have taken a picture of my Monkey progress in the garden, with daylight, but I didn't have the chance all day. (cue tonight's quote soundtrack:)
The sun is a mass of incandescent gas...
They Must Be Giants
So, I present a flashy, washed out, floor pic of the Monkey progress instead:


I love this yarn. The colours appeal, of course, but it's so soft and shiny and, well, yummy that I'm having a hard time putting it down. Anyway. I have other Knitting News:

I have FINISHED Mum's pair of Spox.

The antique (envy-worthy) buttons are on, the ends are woven in, and the look very nice (if I may say so myself). She'll be happy, and hopefully will leave me alone for a bit on knitting her things (foolish, I know). She's not going to be allowed to wear them until I get pictures for the pattern submission, though, so for now (well, once she gets here) she can only fondle them.

Otherwise, the only other progress I have to report is moving progress. The Sewing Room/ Guest Bedroom/ Side Room (choose a name, any name!) is nearly cleaned out. My back aches like a little old person's. I am so sick of packing that all I want is to set the house on fire, to avoid filling another box.

Well, after I get my stash to a safe place, anyway.

Labels: , ,


Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: