Wednesday, April 11, 2007

harsh reality

“When we discover that the truth is already in us, we are all at once our original selves.”
Dogen
It's embarrassing and uncomfortable for me to admit, but I'm officially obesely overweight. I have 60 lbs to lose to get down to my ideal weight (screw the doctors, I looked wraithlike at their ideal weight). I finally admitted it to myself as I looked in Emmos' rearview mirror and saw how round my face has gotten. (It also hurts my pride that none of my clothes fit right now.)

Well. *$^% this.

I've decided, tonight, to do something about it. I've talked Dad around to letting me get the kitchen in order, so I can cook my own meals (I am so *$^%-ing sick of Wendy's). I'm also joining Weight Watchers Online (mostly because it's cheaper -> half the price of the meetings program).

So. Well. That's that, I guess. I'm also posting my Weight Loss Challenge on my sidebar (to mark my progress) just to keep myself honest (the same way I did with the 100 mi challenge). Hopefully I'll be much healthier by the time we move/ when(if) I go off to the Peace Corps.

In other news, Mum and I got into a series of rows today. I also got a lot of packing done:

(1/2 of my boxes, they're taking over the empty front room)

I hate packing glass and china - just such a pain. Arg. I'm always so certain it's not enough, but if I did wrap each piece "enough" I'd probably only get 2 to a box. I also got to pack up (for temporary storage) all the stuff going into The Sale. And I, on a whim, felt the need to take a shot of the strange alchemical-worthy vases Mum has...


And these aren't even half of them - these are just some being sold! I swear, my Mum's collection of glassware belongs in Rembrandt's The Alchemist (which The JSMA has a copy of, incidentally, I always loved to look at it). I feel like I should label them: Elixir of Youth, Essence of Beauty, Shrinking Solution, Polyjuice...

Knitting News? None. I haven't gotten any knitting done today - too busy arguing, packing, moving shite, arguing, tutoring at Homework Club, and arguing. Wow, lots of arguments there, huh? We're all so cranky right now.

I've got to figure out a way to get to sleep before 3 am tonight... we're getting up "bright and early" tomorrow to get a ton of work done, buy me some bloody vegetables, find shoes and an iPod skin for Emm's new pretty. So much to do.

And, of course, we'll have to also find time in there to argue, too.

Labels: , , ,


Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: