Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Basil curry

Well, no, not really. That's the "colour" of the yarn I'm working with on my new and improved Spox. I'm currently working on the gusset right now of the left one. And, uh, I was wondering if anyone was terribly interested in doing me a favor and trying out the pattern? I'm working out the math and should have it ready in a day or two... any completely crazy wonderful takers? (actually, it's not that bad, the sock's knit flat for most of the pattern, and only requires two intermediate/ advanced techniques: picking up stitches purlwise and p2tog tbl,. both of which are very easy to learn - I taught myself)

Other knitting news? I finished the back of the peacock pullover tonight! And, even better, it actually matches up to the sweater I modeled it after:


The neckline is curling so, even though it doesn't look it, I swear it does match. I was so pleased with myself for several hours, because I had finally cracked the armhole/ sleeve cap code. I couldn't just copy the red sweater, since the gauge is tiny and that wouldn't have taught me anything. But, after a costume construction class and many a failed sweater (my own and others') I figured out that the curve of the sleeve cap is the same as the armscye and that the armhole measurement corresponds with the sleeve width. (yes, I am a slow learner)

Now I just have to figure out how to standardize it. (read above in parentheses)

Right-O. Once I understand that, I can get Sauci started. And, just to mix things up a bit, here's tonight's quote at the end of the post...
“Experience is the best teacher, but a fool will learn from no other.”
Benjamin Franklin

Labels: , , ,


Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: