Monday, March 19, 2007

plying my way

“Writing is the most fun you can have by yourself.”
Terry Pratchett
My main achievements today? Plying 3 bobbins worth of yarn. If we ignore the fact that I managed a Costco run, and got some cleaning done. Anyway, back to the yarn.

1 bobbin-full of vegan yarn for my Handspun/ Handcrafted Swap partner:

(I sat and spun on the back porch this afternoon,
since it was so nice outside)

1 of baby alpaca/ silk waste for heaven knows who. (not pictured)

And 1 of Aurora (1/2 superwash, 1/2 baby alpaca), for myself:


I have another bobbin's worth of Aurora left to ply, but my shoulders and knees are tired. So, that's it for the night. As soon as there's enough hot water again, I'm claiming the bathtub.

Tomorrow, err, this morning, the workmen return (heaven help me) to sand the oak floors. Oy. I'm planning on escaping to TKS to visit St M before we go to Mdme DeFarge's. We've been kicked out of our long-standing venue, Perugino's, for gathering too large a crowd. Uh huh.

So, now we're trying another bar/ cafe. Should be cool. Maybe I'll even remember to bring my camera.

(don't count on it)

Labels: ,


Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: