Monday, January 01, 2007

Peaks and valleys

One sees great things from the valley; only small things from the peak.
G. K. Chesterton
Tamara has gifted me with the letter P. The meme goes like this: ten topics, themes, truthinessess, or thingamabobs that start with your letter. I'm gonna go with the first words that come to mind. Soooo... P is for:
  1. Pink - my favorite colour, and a way of life.
  2. Perfection - is optional and not equated with happiness.
  3. Passion - makes life worth living.
  4. Purple - a fantastic colour.
  5. Plastic - knitting needles rock, airplane safe!
  6. Parve - fruits, vegetables, eggs, and fish.
  7. Patisserie - I love the French.
  8. Pineapple - tangy.
  9. Partridge - in a pear tree?
  10. Parents - I love mine and they rock.
Don't search for any deeper meaning in my choices. I'm operating on less than 6 hours of sleep. I did the right thing and actually hauled my sorry tuckus outta bed at 6 am (I think I fell asleep at around 3 am...), got around, made tea and breakfast, dragged my Mum outta bed, and we went to help my friend try to find her bird. The search was abruptly aborted when we accidentally woke up her soon-to-be ex-significant-other in our search (bugger all). He came out to where we were, looking none too happy, so we skiddadled. And got Second Breakfast (I feel like a Hobbit writing that).

Afterwards, we all came home and I climbed back in bed and got another (not really) 3 hours of rest (if not sleep). I had an allergic reaction to something I ate, so my nap was cut short. Eventually, I went down to TKS to meet up with the girls to help with inventory. I managed 2 hours and we left to collapse away from lists of codes that somehow equate to yarn.

After dinner and several episodes of "Eureka", here I sit. I have a picture of my lace stole's progess, and the very strange appearance of unblocked fir cone lace:


I'm sure the title of this post makes a bit more sense. Thank you everyone for your support and comfort. I think I want to go to bed now.

Labels:


Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: