Friday, January 19, 2007

I have no idea, take 3

Blemishes are hid by night and every fault forgiven; darkness makes any woman fair.
Ovid
Would that I could only show my face during the night, eh? I'm having an epic outbreak of just awful acne right now. It's really NOT fair, I tell you, since I never had any skin problems through my teens. The moment I hit twenty, my skin decided to go on strike.

Blech.

Anyway.

In happier news, I got my Winter Handspun Yarn Swap package from darlingbud today:


Contents:
  • 140 yards fingering weight painted merino
  • 110 yards of mill ends plied with metallic thread (Mum laid claim to this one...)
  • 4 felted coasters
I'm madly in love with the merino (and would have loved to have kept the black, but that's another story). I'm trying to figure out what to do with the 140 yards I have now. Oh, and look!, a closeup:


Also, I finally found out that Crimson got my extremely and embarassingly late Christmas package today (Damn you, Bloglines! They actually deleted several of my fav blogs from my blogroll... so if I haven't commented in a while, that's why). Here's the pix, if you're bored enough to look at my terrible sewing skills. And I WANT that Snape shirt, OMG.

No mileage today. My ankle's still a little achy. But I have every confidence that I shall be able to start up on the challenge again tomorrow.

Umm, I've forgotten everything I was gonna write. Oops? Maybe I'll remember tomorrow night...

Labels: , ,


Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: