Tuesday, January 16, 2007

introverted

It is by the fortune of G-d that, in this country, we have three benefits: freedom of speech, freedom of thought, and the wisdom never to use either.
Mark Twain
Talking requires so much effort right now, that I don't even bother most of the time. Listening is easier. I've just realised that that's one of the reason my blogging skills have been lagging lately. It's a symptom of clinical depression, one that I brought up with my psychologist today. We're upping my antidepressants, to see if it does any good.

I had a heck of a time getting to said appointment today. The 'rents were outta town until about an hour after I got home from the appointment. *sigh* I left at 12:30 and got home at about 4:30 (the appointment was for 2:15). I had to change buses, etc, so I'm exhausted. I also had to walk 1.5 mi.

Mum brought me back this piggy sheepy bank from Olympia today:


I'm trying to decide if I want to actually use it, display it with the rest of the flock, or keep it in its box so it'll stay nice and shiny forever...

Cronicas, "features, articles" in Spanish, is a creepy and fantastically done movie. Just... whoa.

Quite a bit of progress was made on A's socks during the long bus trips today. I'm thinking I might be able to start the heels tomorrow. I'm just over halfway done with my Tea Time Swap items, am dyeing the last skein for the Winter Handspun Yarn Swap (I am going to be SO late with that, and shameshameshame on me as I'm the organizer), I already have plans for the Magic Yarn Ball Swap 3, and I just started sign-ups for the Hogwarts Houses Swap (St M has agreed to co-host should I need it, which is looking likely).

Who needs a job or life when they can obsessively overcommit themselves to crafting swaps?

Some people just have no imagination.

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: