Thursday, January 04, 2007

hubris?

While pensive poets painful vigils keep,
Sleepless themselves to give their readers sleep

Alexander Pope
I've done something quite foolish tonight. I actually started writing The Joy of Knitting. Oy. I feel like an idiot.

Don't look at me like that.

Someone had to do it, and I was getting tired of waiting for that mythical someone to step up.

Again: Oy.

In other, more tangible, news I come bearing another button for the sidebar and a weird graphic thingy to make up for the fact that I didn't take a picture of my spinning tonight:


And here's the button:


I have very little progress to report. I finally got snaps for Crimson's extremely embarassingly late Christmas present, and then proceeded to accidentally rip out the ribbon they were supposed to be sewn to.

Oh, yes, I did.

I then laughed and threw it in the garbage and decided that ribbons and snaps are overrated, anyway.

Don't look at me like that.

I also spent more money than I ought to have today. We finally found Quilter's Junction in Springfield today. Oh, deary me. They are sooooo dangerous. They had Asian batik fat quarters. I bought 3 of those and another matching 3 for a couple of mystery projects.

Ohwell. Maybe I can fall asleep now. I'm too lazy to check my email or feeds.

Labels:


Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: