Thursday, December 14, 2006

leaden

Mysteriously and in ways that are totally remote from natural experience, the gray drizzle of horror induced by depression takes on the quality of physical pain.
William Styron
I don't know what happened while I slept last night. I don't really care. I just want it to stop. It was all I could do to get out of bed this morning when my Mum knocked. She dragged me about town on errands, and we finally came home when I was too exhausted to stay upright any longer. The lethargia is... I don't even have a word for it, really.

I couldn't knit today. I definitely couldn't spin. I count it a major achievement that I folded some laundry and knit 4 rows on my clapotis.

I feel like someone came in during the night and filled my bones with lead.

I did try to work on everyone's Christmas gifts and made little progress. I can't find the supplies for TheBon's gift. I decided to change projects midstream for St M and have maybe an 1/8 done. Tamara's and Maura's yarns still aren't dry yet. I haven't had a chance to dye Crimson's.

It doesn't help matters that I was planning to ship everything out tomorrow, and the gifts/ prizes for everyone in town needs to be done by Sunday. Neither are likely to happen.

Here's something that cheers me up a bit:


Tomorrow, Mum and I have to cook for the Channukah potluck. I didn't realise it would be so early, so I had to cancel my plans with Bon. Which just sucks. Right now, I don't want to cook for these people.

There's something I keep forgetting to mention. D's gansey is being reblocked in the sewing room right now. Don't get me started on Lamb's Pride Cotton Fleece. Yes, I admit that I forgot that I was supposed to add water to the washwater. That really shouldn't be a problem. Dye should not run that much. That just pisses me off how much the dye ran.

And then pooled.

I washed it again and got most of it out. It still pooled (a little less noticeably) this time. Maybe a third time will be the charm. If not, I'm sending it as-is. It's for a six-year-old. FVck it. It's going to be destroyed anyway.

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: