Wednesday, November 29, 2006

666

In a climate-controlled cabinet in one corner was the original scroll in the shaky handwriting of St. John the Divine of Patmos, whose "Revelation" had been the alltime best seller. Aziraphale had found him a nice chap, if a bit too fond of odd mushrooms.
Terry Pratchett (& Neil Gaimen, Good Omens, p 96)
I'm Jewish, so I don't take the, ah, musings of St John seriously. But, growing up in America has made me aware of the Christian symbolism of the number 666. This is my 666th post on this blog, and ... eh. Who cares?

Anyway.

Right now, if assisted suicide were legal I might just be considering who I could bribe to kill me in exchange for my stash. This morning, when I woke up, I felt a 100x better than yesterday. I spent the day being 10x more chipper, awake, and healthy than my family (mostly because I had the great good sense to take Nyquil last night and crash) until about 2 hours ago. When my body decided that it had had enough of being healthy and was going to punish me for feeling good before.

I have since medicated myself within an inch of unconciousness and am going to post this before I go to bed. Today, I have to admit, I got a lot done. I finished my "big" item (wove in the ends after The Blocking) for the MYB2 Swap and got everything else I wanted to put in together. I spent 2 or 3 hours making little goodies to wrap in, dyed the wool I plan on spinning for the yarn, and put everything together in a pile. I then finished the b-day present I made for Opus (well, one of them) and blocked it. Here they all are:


I don't worry about Opus getting a sneak peak of her present, because I don't think she reads my blog anymore (her classes are running her into the ground currently) and I doubt you can tell what my swap items are, other than green (my partner's fav colour). So, there they are. The scarf was made from handspun yarn I recieved in the Fall Handspun Swap I organized all those months ago. I had planned on making something for myself with it, until I saw Opus buy yarn exactly like it to make wrist warmers over the weekend. I then decided it was Fate, and that I had to make her a matching scarf to go with her wristwarmers and matching coat.

I also decided that, once I put it on, I reallyreally want a scarf exactly like it and will need to make myself one ASAP. Warm and soft and sqooshy. It's also really wide (don't worry, the dropped stitches bunch up well) and long.

I also got another repeat on L's b-day present done. And I realised that I'm not as close to being done as I thought. Great. I'd had no idea that I had so much yarn left. And, I refuse to waste it. And, she's tall, so it won't matter ;D

I just glanced at my inbox and I have 41 messages. Oy.

Onto something less overwhelming. I took some stupid pictures today, and felt like sharing them (aren't you lucky?), from inside the new car (the ones my parents insisted I couldn't carry knitting needles in until I delivered The Ultimatum). See, look!, snow around the buttes that surround the Willamette Valley:




It's such a rare treat to get snow down here, that it always warrants a little happy squee (and maybe some mediocre pix).

And, in TV News, it appears that Heroes has the same knitting space-time continuum altering powers that the The X-Files does. I watched the first 6 episodes back-to-back after running errands all day (someone had to get the DayQuil and NyQuil for these people) and got tons done (most of which I can't show, because they're goodies for the swap, but...) and wow, cool show. I had come in on episode 6 or 7 and have been beyond confused since. My brother, mother, and I have been dutifully watching it on Sci-Fi trying to figure out what the h3ll is going on. We finally got it tonight. It took us about 4.5 hours (bless the DVR), but we now know what eps 7 - 9 meant. So... yeah. Coolies.

Now, I think I may just crash. And, look!, before midnight, too. That's an achievement in and of itself...

Edited at 12:27 AM (yeah, totally couldn't sleep, and I had blogs to read and emails to avoid...) to add:

  1. Yourself: sick
  2. Your boyfriend/girlfriend (spouse): nonexistant
  3. Your hair: curly
  4. Your mother: wacky
  5. Your Father: exhausted
  6. Your Favorite Item: ipod
  7. Your dream last night: weird
  8. Your Favorite drink: blush wine
  9. Your Dream Car: yellow
  10. The room you are in: messy
  11. Your Ex: which?
  12. Your fear: spiders
  13. What you want to be in 10 years? me
  14. Who you hung out with last night? family
  15. What You're Not: stupid
  16. Muffins: chocolate
  17. One of Your Wish List Items: plushies
  18. Time: misapplies
  19. The Last Thing You Did: craftster
  20. What You Are Wearing: knits
  21. Your Favorite Weather: rain
  22. Your Favorite Book: satirical
  23. The Last Thing You Ate: medicine
  24. Your Life: strange
  25. Your Mood: pensive
  26. Your best friend: away
  27. What are you thinking about right now? knitting
  28. Your car: which?
  29. What are you doing at the moment? staring
  30. Your summer: soft
  31. Your relationship status: disinterested
  32. What is on your TV? DVDs
  33. What is the weather like? cold
  34. When is the last time you laughed? earlier
  35. Who do you tag? You

Labels:


Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: