Sunday, September 17, 2006

knitting karma?

Thank you, Carol, for cheering me on! I did, finally, manage to get the hourglass heels to work after much ripping and reknitting. My savior? Strangely enough, Alison Hansel of the blue blog. I found her tech guy sox pattern (bless Magknits as well) - which had the best instructions I've found anywhere on knitting an hourglass heel. Obviously, I've saved it to My Documents.

I'll post a pic of Mum's sox later. I reallyreallyreally (whine) want to knit something else right now. But, I'm resisting the urge to CO something, since I'll be starting the SKB soon enough. Maybe a hat or something. Emmett was complaining earlier that he had trouble finding hats that fit... there's his b-day gift! Now, I need to search my stash for uber-soft yarn.

And, I have an unseen ep of X-Files to watch, too. Toodles.

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: