Monday, June 19, 2006

decisions, decisions

Ooh, Sachi, I like your thinking :D I found this pattern, searching for different multidirectional scarf patterns. And this one (which looks like this). And, saving the best for last, this one (is this the pattern you used, Sachi?). I like the idea, but it also made me think knitting another entrelac scarf would be cool. But, there is also the fact that I should broaden my horizons by knitting something new. Too many options ;)

If I figure out a way to make an owl, Emmos, I promise to share it with you. Now, I just have to figure out a way to make one.

Mum and Dad have gone camping and will be gone until Thursday. Charlie, our dog, is completely forlorn since he got left behind. If my brother and I were different people, we would be throwing a rave about now. Alas, I hate huge parties. And cleaning up after them even more.

I'm making progress on the polka-dot shrug. Okay, it's really eyelet lace, but the pattern makes me think of polka-dots. I started spinning up an alpaca/angora mix I dyed and blended on my carder a while ago. It looks amazing, if I do say so myself. Kind of tweedy and it has a fantastic halo. I'm going to ply it with matching superwash merino I dyed to give the yarn stability. I should, provided my memory remains intact, have 2lbs of very lush yarn at the end of this for a sweater. Yumyumyum.

I'm also working on my article (I am! I remembered!) and trying to get a resume together. May the Lord take mercy on me. I'm also looking for a PT job. Oy.

Oh, Black Sheep Gathering is this weekend. I'm volunteering in the Wool Show. Drop by and visit!

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: