Thursday, December 29, 2005

WIP: twilight yarn --> sweater?


Here's the ultra-fine merino I'm spinning up (19 microns!) for a 3-ply yarn. I'm thinking it'd make a great sweater for my (step)nephew Dylan. Mum thinks I should make a blanket for him - and I am! - but I only have 12 oz of this... I tried weaving him a blanket before with my handspun (alpaca, merino, and angora yarns) and I didn't like how the pieces came out, I still have the blocks somewhere.

I also have to make baby thingies for my upcoming niece(?)... Sooo much fun! I'm going up to Woodland Woolworks on the 21st with my Guild, so I can get all sorts of lovely supplies for this kinder-covering endeavor :D

I'll post more updates on that later. Oh! I still have to finish that last sleeve on my 2nd spencer shrug. Once I get that done, I'll post it. Hmm, other updates? I'm to chapter 30-something in Pride and Prejudice (for the millionth time), I still need to revamp my partner's purse, and classes start on Jan 9. I need to exchange some courses, and get my books. I'll be taking: Minoan Art History, Historiography: the Punic Wars, and Volcanology and Earthquakes (and I'll be sitting in on Costume History!).

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: