Tuesday, December 27, 2005

the four seasons?

Here's one of my more bizarre skeins. My Guild regularly hosts dyeing workshops (which I get to help teach...) and we had to odds'n'ends colours left, so I threw them all onto 4 oz. of white ultra-fine Merino top, and got some extremely funky colour-mixes outta it. So, I finished spinning it up tonight, and here's what it looks like.

I kept thinking of Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" while I was spinning it... cuz of all the different colours, etc, and the way that they blend into one another. Sadly, I wasn't listening to the symphony while painting or spinning the top - but I'll definitely have to when I knit it.



Speaking of knitting... I spun the yarn ultra fine - it's like baby-yarn weight, and it's super soft, should I use it for a baby sweater or something? Hmm, there's an idea.

Plying the yarn was suuuuuch a pain! I know this is a complete non sequitor, but it was!! (whine). It got all tangled on it self and *knotted* itself! How, I'll never know. But, it took me a good half hour to untangle the ball before I could ply it. Eugh. Next time, Navajo plying.

I'm thinking of making an iPod cozy at some point. I have a couple of gorgeous mini-skeins of baby-alpaca yarn that I was thinking I could felt it, with a should strap... or belt strap. Maybe the strap could be convertible. I've seen some really cute ones on Craftster.

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: