Wednesday, December 14, 2005

whoo! what a day!

Lemme tell you, leisure is exhausting.

Mum and Dad took me to King Kong today... and it was slendiforous!! Of course, this is all due to Peter Jackson and Naomi Watts - who really carried the movie. I am so impressesd. It was a bit long, like the original, but infinitely better. I was a bit depressed that Adrian Brody didn't do more, cuz he's such an amazing actor. He was good tho, they ALL were! I insist that everyone see this movie in a theater!



It's meant for a big screen. ... You know what happened? My Mum actually cried when Kong died. I couldn't believe it. Ahwell. She grew up on the story. We just had a quarrel over whether King Kong (the original) was "the greatest movie ever."

NO! def'ly not. Faye Wray should have been eaten and the other idiots with her.

Anyway, after that, we went to the Olive Garden and ate some yummyyummy food. I am so full and sleepy right now. Gawd, I want to nap. Maybe I should.

As for OTHER updates:

I am 4" in on my alpaca shrug and I still MUST knit the 2 sleeves for my Regency Spencer. Maybe I'll take a nap, and do that...

Also, I am to Chapter 7 of Sense and Sensibility, which I am enjoying ever so much more than the last time I read it (when I was 13), and I'm just past Lizzy's rejection of Darcy, oh - Chapter 36? I've read it a zillion times. My Dad foolishly thought that by giving me a copy of Pride and Prejudice when I was 12 it would put me to sleep. Ha! I stayed up 'til 3 am, I think.

Still love it. Must be my favorite book EVER. I love the repartee.

Anyway, time to check my email and knit something...

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: