Friday, December 16, 2005

Patterns

So, Vonnie and I think we have the new Harry Potter scarves figured out. Although, I admit, these are probably more due to Vonnie, but we both guestimated at the movie. Anyway, it appears the pattern goes something like 32 rows burgundy, 4 gold, 8 burgundy, 4 gold, and 32 burgundy. They are knit in stockinette, although I've read previous scarf patterns for HP were in the round. So, you could just knit it all in the round, and do without purling (but also need more yarn... and also getting a thicker, heavier scarf).

I was going to do something similar, but just do a garter stitch. Now I'm doing a garter stitch of: 32 green, 8 burgundy, 8 green, 32 burgundy. I hope it turns out well, I'll attempt to post photos. But I'm not as good at that as others. :)

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: