Wednesday, October 25, 2006

SicKnits, anyone?

Okay, I can't take it anymore. I desperately miss You Knit What?? and have been waiting patiently for some knit-blogger to pick up the torch. And then I realised that M, Emmos, TheBon, and I constantly abuse various knits we see in magazines, books, and in Goodwill. Emmos started a Guild blog and the Knitting Olympics blog. Maybe I should follow her example.

So, I did. Hence:



But, you know, snarking alone isn't as much fun. Who wants to join me? I'm thinking a limit of 12 knit bloggers at a time will keep it from getting messy, but still keep it interesting. Send me an email: fyberduck AT gmail DOT com if you want to join! C'mon, you know you wanna.

Anyway. Onto real blogness. Today was a test, and I figured it out. I'm not sure if it's Divine Will, a Vast Right Wing Conspiracy, or if the Peace Corps has just too much time on their hands; because today can't be explained in any sensible way. I went in for my Peace Corps phyisical and soon regretted it. Aside from expected tests for things like T/B, they want me to be tested for, honest to g-d:
  • HIV/ AIDs
  • Gonorrhea
  • Chlamydia
  • Hepititis C (and B!)
  • several types of cancer
  • my blood lipid/ glycerine levels
  • Thyroid levels
  • a Urinalysis for g-d knows what
... and those are just the ones I can remember. The doctor was astonished by the sheer number of tests she had to sign for. "They want this? WHY?" That's a direct quote. So, by the time I left I was twitching and had a migraine of epic proportions. It has become clear to me that THIS must be THE test to get into the Peace Corps.

Oh, wait, I forgot - they also want copies of the lab results of ALL the tests and my upcoming PAP smear (oh, what fun) to be attached to. How big is this file going to be? I still haven't gotten the psych, ob/gyn, urologist, dental, AND occular forms filled out. Okay, realising that I want to cry.

(deep breath in)

(and out)

Alright. It'll all get done eventually.

I have to go back tomorrow for bloodwork. Then Thursday for them to examine my T/B exposure test. And, then again in two weeks after the ob/gyn fun so the doctor can put it all together. What joy. I should get her a thank you gift, she must have had a worse headache than me after an hour of this crap. Especially weird things like my waist measurement. I swear to g-d, it was on the health evaluation. She told me I was the first patient she'd ever had to measure.

Oy.

Anyway. Knitting. Knitting is happy and good and doesn't involve needles or probing. I decided this evening that I really needed to focus on D's gansey. And badly. So, after 2 episodes of the X-Files (I love my DVR) this was how much I had:


Oh, and the Nile socks are in there for good measure.

I have two inches left on the back, and then I can cast on the front. Then the sleeve. Woohoo. But, it's moving along, and hopefully I'll finish it before D outgrows it. I also need to get onto the knit jumper for baby T.

It's 1:41 am. I need to go to bed. Bloodwork scheduled this afternoon. Joy.

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: