Wednesday, October 18, 2006

winding


“We worship not the Graces, nor the Parcae, but Fashion. She spins and weaves and cuts with full authority. The head monkey at Paris puts on a traveler's cap, and all the monkeys in America do the same.”
~ Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)
This morning I met with a Rabbi. We had a strange, rambling discussion. I'm still not quite sure what was said. I suppose that's Theology at it's best.

I then went home and slept for 3 hours. Upon waking, I realised I had to go to Homework Club tonight. Emmos and I volunteer with a group organized by St Vincent de Paul that tutors underpriviledged children every Wednesday night (did I get that all correct, Emmos?). Whilst there, I managed NOT to kill one particularly difficult teenage boy (soooo close, that was) and help a couple with their homework. Though, by the end of the session I was ready to start banging my head against the wall. I managed not to, as it might have scared the children.

Anyway. In a roundabout way, Emmos drove me home. I then nagged my Dad to make some for of dinner for me. Yes, I am lazy. But, in my defense I had a headache. I did help him make it, too. But, I figured it was better to involve him so that both he and my brother (who I just caught brushing his teeth while wearing the cap I made him... okaaay) would eat at a reasonable hour.

After dinner, I sat down with D's faux-gansey and started Project Runway. Hmm. I'm not surprised by who won. I was a bit disappointed with Michael's work. I was really impressed with Laura's collection, and I thought she did manage to offer a wider range of looks. Uli's work was great, but not my thing. Jeffrey, well, yes it was gorgeous and I think he definitely earned him win. Congrats to him.

Still, I wouldn't mind having one of Laura's gowns for an evening...

By half an hour ago, this is how far I'd gotten on the faux-gansey and preparing for the tutorial's photo-shoot (oohlala), to take place tomorrow:


Past the arm marks and onto the 'complex' knit & purl designs. Woohoo :D

I also wound a ball of my hand-dyed yarn for the Socktoberfest tute. I think I have enough for a child's pair of sox. So, guess that D will also be getting with his faux-gansey? Yep, you guessed it: socks. I hope he likes fire colours... If not, all I ask is that my sister and K wrestle him into them long enough for a picture. Really, that's all. One picture would make me happy. I promise.

Anyway. Yeah. Tired.

Email inbox too full...

And not getting any emptier. Bleh. Spammers suck. So do mailing lists. I need to get onto training those monkeys.

Click
& Quack
Recent Posts
  • Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Knit-A-Longs:
    • blogroll:
      random pix
      • www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fyberduck. Make your own badge here.
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

    I'm a recent graduate of the University of Oregon, a Peace Corps nominee, and trying to knit, spin, and craft up my stash before I get sent off to a foreign country for 2 years.

    Comments:
    some 'props to: